Transfer to the Cliff
Start Your Journey to Becoming a Charger.
Whether you're looking to transfer or continue your education, Briar Cliff has the program for you. Our admissions counselors are ready to work with you on seamlessly transferring credits, helping you choose the right career pathway, and saving you money in the meantime. Get started today.
Transfer Admissions Checklist:
- Complete an Application for Admission | Required GPA 2.0
- Send all official College Transcripts | These are required for acceptance
- Visit the Briar Cliff University campus | Go to canbelto.com/visit
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) | Briar Cliff's code is 001846
- Receive and review your financial aid award | Packages are mailed shortly after FAFSA information is received
- Submit a housing application and enrollment deposit | This reserves your room and holds your scholarships in place
- Sign up for orientation
- Move into residence halls
- Begin classes
Briar Cliff University is a transfer ready school partnering with local and regional community college. Get a leg up on your education and finish your degree on time or earlier with some programs. Check out our partner schools below:
|Hawkeye Community College
|Iowa Lakes Community College
|Iowa Western Community College
|Nebraska Indian Tribal Community College
|Northeast Community College
|North Iowa Area Community College
|Northwest Iowa Community College
|Iowa Community Colleges Consortium Agreement
This agreement allows students majoring in business-related majors to easily transfer to Briar Cliff University from the following community colleges in Iowa:
- Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC)
- North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC)
- Iowa Lakes Community College (ILCC)
- Northwest Iowa Community College (NWCC)
- Iowa Central Community College (ICCC)
- Iowa Valley Community College District (IVCCD)
- Hawkeye Community College (HCC)
- Eastern Iowa Community College (EICC)
- Kirkwood Community College (KCC)
- Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC)
- Western Iowa Tech Community College (WITCC)
- Iowa Western Community College (IWCC)
- Southwestern Community College (SWCC)
- Indian Hills Community College (IHCC)
- Southeastern Community College (SCC)
Get Awarded up to $14,000
Briar Cliff University transfer scholarships are only available to first-time transfer students who are entering our student body with a minimum transfer CGPA of 2.0. The total scholarship amount awarded will be allotted throughout your time at Briar Cliff University, provided a minimum CGPA of 2.0 is maintained.
|Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship | $4,000
|Only transfer students who are a member of Phi Theta Kappa are eligible to receive a renewable Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship. The total scholarship amount awarded will be allotted throughout your time at Briar Cliff University, provided a minimum CGPA of 2.0 is maintained.
Learn more about scholarship opportunities
Seamlessly transfer your college credits to the program of your choice.
It was a smooth transition, Kayla says. My transfer advisor helped me in the process as I had many questions and she answered all of them.
Briar Cliff made transferring credits from my previous four-year and credits I had received in high school very easy. The admissions office, Dr. Jung and the women’s basketball program were super helpful in answering any questions I had.